Wednesday 18 October 2017

A Rock

This week we read a story about a goldfish recounting some of his life in a bowl. After we read the story we had to create our own story/recount about an object that we chose. I enjoyed doing this because I got to write from the perspective of a different object. Next time I will add more descriptive language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a warm day here outside, I was sitting next to a fence all alone with nobody to talk to. Life as a rock is hard. Like I said, I was sitting there next to a fence; as the rays of the sun shone down on me. As the rays hit me the heat of the sun made me burn. It was so hot in the position that I was in. Sometimes I hope for some legs so that I could move. I also wish that I had friends that I could talk to here next to the fence.

As I had come up with this thought I realized that other rocks were being put with me here in my portion of the fence. I waited until the human had left before I started to talk to my new friends. “Welcome to my place next to the fence” I said. Then hearing a chorus of “hello” to me. Now that there were other rocks here with me, I was crowded and couldn’t see. I had gotten buried under all of these rocks that were surrounding me. I don’t know why but when I have company, I wish I didn’t.

Another wish that I made came true! There was the same human again; he was searching all around us rocks for something. I didn’t know what he was looking for though. Then finally he had found it, he was looking all around for me. He lifted me up, carried me all the way into the house, where there was paint, glitter and more sparkly things everywhere. He had carefully placed me on the table, picked up a paintbrush and started covering me with paint and glitter. When he was done, I was covered and the glitter sparkled in the light.

I stayed inside the house a couple of days and nights with this strange human (I was still drying). I was happy for some of days inside the house, but then I started to get bored. I just couldn’t make my mind up if I wanted to go outside or stay inside; even though it wasn’t my choice. In the end I had to go outside with the other rocks. Once I got to know everyone it was all fine. Another good thing was that I was the most sparkly out of all of the rocks next to the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.